Thursday, June 5, 2008

Painting!

This is a piece of pottery I had painted earlier on a girls' night.... sort of on the theme of painting. One of the girls I lived with in college had a tradition in her home of an "I'm Special Today" plate. Her mom would let the child eat on it when something special happened - report card, birthday, etc. I thought it was a great idea, so here is the Hucksteps' "Special" plate:

Ben and I were "on vacation" last week, so.... we painted! (And my mom and dad helped over the weekend as well:) ). Only the stairwell and our bathroom to go:) !

Here is a "before" picture of our bedroom. Let's be honest. It doesn't exactly scream "romance".


And the "after":



The trickiest part of re-doing the bedroom was the removal of the dust-collecting elliptical trainer. We actually got it stuck in the stairwell!
My dad and Ben added another coat of red to the kitchen, and our entry, hallway, and living area are all taupe now. You can see the "Soft Tan" in the stairwell (left side of the below photo) that our whole house used to be:).

No comments: