This recipe is fantastic! I tried it tonight for the first time; it was really easy, and Ben didn't pick out ANY of the vegetables!! That's got to be a 1st:) You've got to try it!!
The recipe is taken from the "Recipes for Growing Families" cookbook (my favorite:) ).
1 onion, chopped (I used 1/2 of a sweet onion)
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
8 cups chicken broth
3 cups cooked wild rice (I used a box of the Uncle Ben's original quick cooking wild rice - including the seasoning packet)
1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup evaporated milk
In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, and celery in butter till tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Gradually add broth.
Stir in the rice, chicken, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
Stir in milk. Cook for 3-5 minutes longer.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment