Well, everyone tries to pitch in and bring food. So, my mom suggested I bring a bag of cookies or something easy and store-bought. But, I just purchased a new cooking magazine and couldn't resist the challenge!!! Oops.
You know the joke that goes... "It's not how beautiful you are on the outside. It's what's on the inside that counts." And then the other person says, " That's what ugly people say." ?
Let's just say you know you really have a doosie of a cooking experience when your mom is encouraging you on the phone by saying, "I bet it tastes really good." :)
Here's my attempt at a homemade "Triple-Decker Strawberry Cake" including "Strawberry Buttercream Frosting".
It started well....
Action Shot
3 Burned Cakes
I learned this trick from Sandra Lee (but it worked a little better for her:) ).
I had to "shave" the cakes. Here's the result - a less burned looking triple-decker.
Shortly after this photo was taken, I called my mom:).
As long as the cake and icing stay cold, I think everything should look OK.... We'll have to wait for this weekend to see how it tastes all together!
1 comment:
I think your cake looks BEAUTIFUL and very yummy, Emily! Good for you for trying something new and fun. I hope you and Ben have a great Memorial Day weekend. :) Last year was fun - having you guys and the Herdtners here. Have a great first camp of the year! Anne Marie
Post a Comment