Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Heaven Is Her Home

Ben and I had the privelege of attending the visitation for Clara Farris tonight, a very dear lady from our church. Her daughter Char shared with us that Clara thought a lot of us and prayed for us on our wedding day. That was humbling, and it meant a lot.

Clara was an outstanding example of a servant of Christ. I would come to AWANA on Wednesdays with a complaining heart, and even though she was probably in a lot of pain, she was there serving with a bright smile on her face, giving her time and energy to love on people. I also remember when Ben and I were still dating that she would check up on me every so often and ask if "you and that guy are getting married yet" and reminding me that "he's a really nice guy". (I don't remember her exact words - sorry!) It was so sweet of her to be interested!

Clara's family shared this entry that she wrote in her journal this past November:
"Dear Heavenly Father,
'...I just found out I have bone cancer, I praise your Holy Name! You knew it before I did and you have allowed it for Your glory. Help me Lord that You might be magnified through this. I have now accepted this and praise You and hope I can be honorable through this.' "

They also shared the following verse - Psalm 116:15: " 'Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints.' "

Clara's death is precious in His sight!

I'm so thankful to have known Clara and seen her (and her family's) powerful testimony of the goodness and faithfulness of our God! And I'm so thankful that Clara had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that guarantees that she is in heaven right now where she is enjoying the wonderful blessings of being in the presence of her Savior!

No comments: