Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I've Been Watching Too Much Food Network:)

Ben and I are having company over tomorrow... I mean today:). Ben's friend Sean from work and Sean's fiance Yo (it's short for a beautiful, but longer and more complicated-to-spell, name) are coming over for dinner and the Purdue/IU game. Ben and I are really looking forward to spending time with them (and enjoying a Boilermaker victory!). In preparing for this event, it has occurred to me that I've been watching too much Food Network, specifically Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. In every episode, she creates a complete thematic menu using mostly store-bought ingredients but with some creative additions. While we won't be having "cocktail time" tomorrow night, I did try and create a tablescape.



The table is decorated with a giant mirror, candles, and fresh flowers. Can you tell I'm ready for spring?!

I wrapped the silverware in the white napkins and then made little flower placecards with organza(?) ribbon.

When Sandra Lee finishes her episodes, she ends with a catchy little phrase that includes alliteration. I'll give it a try: "And remember: keep it sweet, keep it sparkling, keep it spring-y, and always keep it Semi-Homemade." :)

No comments: